All applicants must have a minimum of 7 years industry experience in order to apply. No 3rd party resumes accepted.
JOB ID: 898310EJ
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
DURATION: Contract Position: 10 - 12 months minimum
The Sr. EDI developer is responsible for e-mapping all of the EDI transactions and business processes to SAP. The end result will be high quality e-business exchange systems with the client's customers and suppliers. The e-Business Exchange Engineer will be responsible for programming and development of new EDI/b2b trading partner implementations as well as ongoing day-to-day maintenance of production EDI/b2b systems. The position may also require a weekly on-call support rotation.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- e-Business Technical Implementation through software integration development, scripting and commercial integration tools
- e-Business Transport software development, administration and maintenance
- Technical Support and integration of e-Business Exchange Servers
- Technical Interfacing with Customers and Vendors
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree, or 7 yrs. specific related experience in lieu of degree.
● Typically requires 7 years development experience with EDI/B2B/ eCommerce technologies and methodologies to include the following specific skills:
● Business to Business, platform-to-platform and EDI Trading Partner Integration development utilizing Visual Basic 6.0, VBScript, Windows Shell Scripting, DOS Script, FTP Communications scripting and FTP over secure HTTP
● Familiarity and hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 9i
● Database Administration skills and strong database SQL experience with views, indexes, stored procedures and database report writing utilizing common database reporting tools such as Microsoft Access or Crystal Reports.
● Hands on experience and understanding of database schemas, joins and Access Forms development
● Strong business analysis skills to obtain clear and concise business integration requirements resulting in the ability to suggest and support the best technological approach by integration project
● Strong Visual Basic & Visual Basic SQL programming skills, to include the ability to analyze, debug and document undocumented Visual Basic Code
● Strong ability to document; through flow charting and Visio diagrams, the approved software solution from design phase through to the delivery of the final code into production; following the Software Delivery Life Cycle methodology
Experience with the following areas are preferred:
Hands on mapping experience with various ANSI X12 transactions such as 810, 820, 850, 855 and 856 transactions
SPEC2000 experience and exposure
Web Services integration
Have you thought about your career lately? Or are you looking for that next great assignment? Challenging and rewarding work, technologically advanced environments with internationally recognized clients, direct client relationships. If these are a few of the things that have crossed your mind, consider RCG Global Services. As one of the largest global professional services firms in North America, RCG has been recognized by the Global Services 100 for outstanding global delivery maturity. Our services include Business Consulting, Business Intelligence & Data Delivery, Development & Integration, QA & Software Testing, Application Management, and Project Management. Our services encompass the full range of Staffing, as well as Solutions Offerings in Business & Technology Planning, Business Intelligence & Data Delivery, Development & Integration/SOA, Project Management, QA & Software Testing and Application Management.
Join this elite team and experience delivery excellence the RCG way - great consultants providing exceptional service to top-notch clients! Be it a long term career move, or a contracting assignment, RCG Global Services has a place for you!!
Our opportunities are numerous... If your skills and experience meet the minimum required experience for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume complete with the requisition number listed on the job posting, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our company and benefit programs, please visit us at www.rcggs.com
RCG Global Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V