All applicants must have a minimum of 8 years of industry experience in order to apply. No 3rd party resumes accepted.
JOB ID: 895616GL
LOCATION: Princeton, NJ
DURATION: 6months RTH
The Database Administrator – Lead - provides project and team leadership as well as day-to-day support of the production, QA, test, and development mid-range database environments. The incumbent leads project teams including, operations, application developers and vendors, to improve technical infrastructure, security, reliability and cost. The incumbent also performs database space management, performance monitoring, database and system tuning, backup and recovery, database software installation, upgrades and infrastructure management. In the event of a database storage disaster, provides support for the accurate and timely recovery of
The ideal candidates will be responsible for:
• Install and upgrade and manage Oracle RAC databases with ASM as required on Linux and Solaris Operating systems.
• Install, Upgrade and manage Oracle Grid Control
• Troubleshoot and resolve RAC and Veritas clustering issues in all database environments
• Performs all Oracle Database Administration related activities for major client's projects independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong capability and ability to resolve highly technical and complex database and infrastructure related issues on their own before they impact production and the business.
• Provides technical expertise to the development of solutions for such items as DBMS tools and utilities usage, database administration, backup and recovery, database performance tuning and monitoring.
• Assures quality of database analysis and design across projects, thus enabling company-wide data reusability.
• Trouble-shoots database and/or software problems as they apply to design, implementation, or installation activities.
• Schedules and coordinates database maintenance activities.
• Coordinates and/or participates in database stress tests, analyzes results, and makes recommendations for design or coding changes based upon those results.
• Participates in on-call, overnight off-hour production problem resolution activities.
• Develops and maintains DBMS related standards and procedures, knows where they are located, and makes full use of them. Follows IT software development processes.
• Researches, evaluates, and tests new software and DBMS related tools and facilities as they pertain to the existing DBMS environment, database designs, procedures, and applications.
• Monitors current DBMS performance and develops procedures, where necessary, to improve the DBMS environment as required.
• Identifies and supports quality improvement initiatives.
• Performs other assignments to comply with the IT corporate purpose and mission to add business value, increase revenue, decrease costs, improve productivity, and support the strategic initiative/directive.
• Complies with all IT security and audit standards. Ensures security of company information by ensuring database is secure and monitors environment to identify improper access.
The ideal candidate must be a Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of Oracle Database administration.
Must have 8+ years of experience managing multiple Production and Development Oracle database environments of different releases.
Must have 3+ years of experience installing, upgrading and managing RAC databases with ASM.
Must have experience installing, upgrading and managing GRID control for database monitoring and database management. Must have managed databases on Solaris and Linux operating systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• 8+ years of Oracle database technology experience with concentration in RAC/ASM/Data Guard/ GRID
• In-depth knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g R1/R2 RAC implementation and administration on Linux and Solaris Clusters
• Knowledge of SAN technology and VCS to support highly available environments
• Oracle GRID Control setup, management and usage skills required
• Knowledge of SQL Server is also a plus
• Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
• Must be highly proficient in DB backup and recovery techniques.
• Oracle Data Vault, Advance Security (ASO), Data Encryption
• Working knowledge of MSSQL Server databases is a Plus.
• Hands on Experience of implementing Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g database on UNIX and Linux platform is a must.
• Willingness to work on-call DBA rotations in a 7x24 environment
• Ability to perform professional level technical documentation and presentation.
• Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships with both internal associates and external customers.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
• Proficient at time and priority management.
Have you thought about your career lately? Or are you looking for that next great assignment? Challenging and rewarding work, technologically advanced environments with internationally recognized clients, direct client relationships. If these are a few of the things that have crossed your mind, consider RCG Global Services. As one of the largest global professional services firms in North America, RCG has been recognized by the Global Services 100 for outstanding global delivery maturity. Our services include Business Consulting, Business Intelligence & Data Delivery, Development & Integration, QA & Software Testing, Application Management, and Project Management. Our services encompass the full range of Staffing, as well as Solutions Offerings in Business & Technology Planning, Business Intelligence & Data Delivery, Development & Integration/SOA, Project Management, QA & Software Testing and Application Management.
Join this elite team and experience delivery excellence the RCG way - great consultants providing exceptional service to top-notch clients! Be it a long term career move, or a contracting assignment, RCG Global Services has a place for you!!
Our opportunities are numerous... If your skills and experience meet the minimum required experience for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume complete with the requisition number listed on the job posting, to email@example.com
For more information on our company and benefit programs, please visit us at www.rcggs.com
RCG Global Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V